Monday, March 17, 2008

Singapore Personal Trainer: Nutrition Thoughts

No matter who it is, personal training clients, athletes, group training clients - Everybody needs to think about what they eat. I have had many guilt looks when I ask my clients what they had for lunch. It takes time to wean yourself off bad foods.

I just read an interesting article in TIME magazine. About "Why we eat so much". Sure to us in the fitness industry those things should be common sense but it was an interesting read with nice pictures of food.

The main point I took away form it is that food is mental. It is a habit. And to achieve great health and a great physique, you need to break the bad ones and build great new ones.

I always talk to my clients about the "rubber band" that is the 28 days it takes to build new habits. If you just do 1 week (which is how many "quick fix" solutions work") you are just stretching the rubber band a bit but then it returns to normal and there are no long lasting effects.

When you push through and build great habits for 28 days or more, the rubber band is broken and you are free to live your improved life. That is what I work a lot with my clients on.

That is one reason I recommender T-nation's Velocity Diet. It is mostly a supplement only diet for 1 month. It is safe and it is effective. But most of all, it drastically reduces cravings for evil food.

You can get similar effects on other strict diets which are made from health foods. But I have not witnessed as much of a taste bud change as from the velocity diet.

My results and the results of my client Annie are here in the forum.
Annie and I, check out her results here.
She started out at 64kg (before even starting training) and now is a nice lean 51kg:) 25 inch waist and visible abs at 16-17% fat - which is AWESOME for a lady!

No comments: