Thursday, March 13, 2008

How Important Nutrition Is - Now I have something to tell my clients

My first taste of what good nutrition is was many years ago when I realized that it was not good enough just to be large and strong. I was carrying excess fat.

I did not look obese but I know that I could have been quicker and leaner.

I decided to go on the first "diet" of my life! Well actually it was just cleaning up my nutrition habits.
  • Eating often keeps metabolism high
  • Eating no starchy stuff unless after training (replenish glycogen stores, after training starches don't make us fat).
  • Eating more fruits and vegetables (I'm starting to really like some veges, broccoli, spinach:) hehe never thought id see the day!).
  • Drinking only water and green tea.
  • Eating more protein with each meal.
  • Eating healthy fats from nuts and fish.
  • Eating un-processed foods. (best foods are from their natural packaging, things in pretty packages with shiny wrappers are usually 99% of the time BAD for us)
  • 3 months later I was down 10kg and looking alot better!
I did NOT count calories, weight food or starve myself. I simply trained hard and made good food choice.

For history's sake, here are the before and after pics from that diet many years ago.
92KG Before
82kg After

No comments: