Monday, April 21, 2008

Singapore Fitness Coach: Mental Toughness

I like competing and coaching sport. The MOST frustrating thing is mental weakness. Letting emotions determine play, fearing the opponent and the situation, getting affected by poor officiating, negative communication between teamates or between players and coach... all these are signs of mental weakness.

As a fitness professional I see the same things in clients. As coaches at my company Genesis Health & Performance, we help people overcome these mental and attitude difficulties as well as their physical ones!

Stuff like:
"I have to eat what my grandmother cooks" - and it's oily starchy food
"I don't have time to eat regular meals" - because my work is so stressful
"Training is tough!" - but you have to make up for the next 47 hours where you will be sitting at a desk!
AND SO on and on...

But there is nothing wrong with that. All top performers have coaches. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc. Having coaching is just a means to the correct end. Just like a good pair of running shoes or a better tennis racket.

How's your mental toughness?

No comments: